- This event has passed.
RCPCH Effective Educational Supervision
September 28, 2016 @ 8:45 am - 4:45 pm£129
£129 for College members
£159 for non-college members
Our online booking system will ask you to sign in to or create your RCPCH online account.
In June 2013 the RCPCH launched this training programme, Effective Educational Supervision, specifically targeting paediatric trainees, SAS and consultants. It has been devised to fulfil the GMC’s requirements that all educational supervisors who work with junior doctors and medical students must have received training in educational supervision by July 2016.
Offered in both London and regionally, this course has been created as an opportunity for Trusts and their paediatric educational supervisors to meet the stipulated requirements. The learning package has been developed centrally by the College and disseminated by trained Teaching Faculty members. The course includes: an introduction to educational supervision, updates on the new RCPCH assessment and workshops on career advice, supporting doctors in difficulty, managing the able trainee as well as giving good feedback.
This course is dynamic, interactive and engaging with ample opportunity for delegate participation.
By the end of the day, participants will:
- Understand the difference between clinical and educational supervision
- Understand the difference between formative and summative assessment
- Have an overview of different teaching and learning methods
- Know how to prepare and conduct a good educational supervision session and use e-Portfolio appropriately
- Feel confident in assessing their trainees’ learning needs
- Understand the complexities of a trainee in difficulty
- Feel confident in applying different strategies for managing trainees in these circumstances
- Feel confident in applying different strategies to support the trainee who is excelling
- Have developed techniques for giving feedback effectively in a way which encourages learning
- Understand the importance of contributing to the quality assurance of training and the Deanery processes involved in providing excellent training.