Collaborative paired leadership programme
Leadership and management development needs to be incorporated into all junior doctors training. It is one of the new GMC generic capabilities. We need to move away from the traditional approach of sending the senior trainee off on the leadership course towards the end of training.
The programme aims to :
- improve and junior doctors knowledge and preparedness to take on leadership and management roles.
- increase staff engagement and allow managers to work with junior doctors gaining an insight into the challenges we face on a day to day basis.
- improve relationships and the perceived cultural divides between doctors and managers
- develop the organisation and improve patient care
The programme involves the recruitment of 30 NHS managers and doctors across the region who will participate in:
- planned shadowing;
- facilitated dialogue
- 6 facilitated workshops based on key leadership themes. Held over two mornings and two full days. Study leave will need to be sort.
Closing date 10th February 2017, Application to be signed by educational supervisor. Dates for facilitated workshops to be available end of January.
Formal evaluation will be through pre and post intervention preparedness to lead questionnaires and semi-structured interviews based on the healthcare leadership model.
The programme is due run between February and July 2017. Please see attached flyer
If you could kindly complete the attached application form and educational supervisor learning agreement.
Send to Moranda.email@example.com
Successful candidates will be informed by 23/2/2017
Introduction to the programme will be held on 01/03/2017 at 17:30 at Waterfront 4, Newburn riverside, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 8NY.